Below are pictures I took while attending the 24th Annual Space Exploration Educators Conference at Space Center Houston. Enjoy!
Pictures are copyrighted by Nathan Tubbs 2018 and may not be distributed or reposted without permission.
DUE DATE to be announced in class!
Test Report Prep Form
TPS Test Report – SAMPLE
Test Report Rubric
TPS Report Checklist
Over the weekend, NASA announced that veteran astronaut, John Young had passed away at the age of 87.
THIS article in the New York Times discusses his life and impact on space exploration. You can translate the article if needed by visiting Google Translate and pasting the web address.
Read the article, and using the QAR strategy, answer the following questions:
- How many years did Young work for NASA?
- In what year did he walk on the moon?
- How many trips did he make to the moon?
- How many times did he fly into space?
- In what branch of the military did he fly as a pilot?
- Robert Crippen, who flew with him, called Young a “hero.” Based on the text, why do you think he was considered a hero by fellow astronauts?
- What did you find most interesting from this article about Young’s life?