Over the weekend, NASA announced that veteran astronaut, John Young had passed away at the age of 87.
Read the article, and using the QAR strategy, answer the following questions:
- How many years did Young work for NASA?
- In what year did he walk on the moon?
- How many trips did he make to the moon?
- How many times did he fly into space?
- In what branch of the military did he fly as a pilot?
- Robert Crippen, who flew with him, called Young a “hero.” Based on the text, why do you think he was considered a hero by fellow astronauts?
- What did you find most interesting from this article about Young’s life?