We will have a weather unit text on Monday, March 12. Please review all vocabulary from chapter 6 & chapter 7, your notes from class, your weather packet, and any brainpop videos that have been assigned.
Also, please note the following information:
- The uneven heating of the earth’s surface is the cause of weather.
- Weather is the current conditions; climate is the long-term trends.
- As altitude increases, air pressure decreases.
- High pressure typically brings good weather; low pressure typically brings bad weather.
- Both warm and cold fronts bring precipitation. Cold fronts bring sudden, heavy storms, while warm fronts bring long, steady precipitation.
- The boundary between two air masses is called a front. Air masses share characteristics (temp, humidity) with the region over which they were formed.
- In the US, weather typically moves from west to east.
- Know the water cycle.